easier model release form?

As I live in the Peak District I often take photos using my husband as a model when we are out walking. I downloaded a model release form but it seems all rather complicated to fill it in each time i have a few photos to upload.

Is there any quick way?

Similar position here, my wife often appears in my shots, and I also feature.

I have  prepared forms copied from the Alamy specimen with most fields completed, including signatures. It just remains to enter dates, a description of the subject matter, a file number, and a thumbnail of the image. It's not really 100% watertight as you should get new dated signatures every time, but, given the circumstances - we have been together over 40 years and no sign that I can detect of imminent divorce - I would guess acceptable!

I should add that I always ask my wife's permission to use her photo for Alamy  :rolleyes:

It really does look complicated and not something i am willing to do every time my or my wifes hand appears in a picture so i just tick the no model release and upload anyway.  I reckon the chances of one being used for anything other than editorial are slim and if indeed a client was really interested then they will ask Alamy who faced with the possibility of a high value sale will contact the photographer.  Then it would be worth jumping through the extra hoops!  Have had this senario regarding property release for bank adverts in the past.

Regen

If you tick no model release then if the client searches using MR as a filter, your image won't be shown - IME, it's always worth getting releases, even for Alamy.

I've used a a very simplified MR form for years before Alamy posted an example. I pre-fill it out for my common models (family members). There is no thumbnail or image number, just a date and an image title or location written in. I always get a fresh signature (and thus ask permission). Seems to be OK for Alamy so far,but if they need more for a specific shot then I could get a more detailed release.

There are a few model release apps for Android and iPhone that let you save the model's information and other info that you would have to fill in every time. For me they save a lot of work. I'm not sure if Alamy accepts releases from apps, but I've found them useful. 

I've used Easy Release on Android, but there seem to be quite a few free ones available as well on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=model+release&c=apps

At least some of the apps allow you to use your own model releases, so it should be possible to copy Alamy's release to them if necessary.

Archived