Capture One Update available

Thanks Duncan. Just got my X-T1 very recently and have some photos that need work in C1. :)

Looked at the workaround but thought it might not be long before the update came out so hung on.

Allan

Thanks Duncan. Just got my X-T1 very recently and have some photos that need work in C1. :)

Looked at the workaround but thought it might not be long before the update came out so hung on.

Allan

I am running out of excuses not to buy an X-T1 :) Mind you my March sales don't help the justification (along with oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb... :( )

I am kind of hoping once it is a stock item there will be some sort of deals on offer.

Thank you!

You're welcome  :)

Allan

Lucky man.... They released C1 just as my camera was heading off to Fuji repairs to sort out the light leak. It wasn't causing any problems for me but thought I would let them repair it and clean the sensor etc. It took them a whole day to send out the package to return it to them..... a WHOLE day! It came that quickly I was expecting it and when I opened the parcel to find an empty box with foam inserts... I though it was an early April Fools joke!

Allan

I am running out of excuses not to buy an X-T1 :) Mind you my March sales don't help the justification (along with oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb... :( )

I am kind of hoping once it is a stock item there will be some sort of deals on offer.

It's hard to tell at the moment. They have some great offers on lenses but if that camera is selling really well, it may take a little longer for the price to come down.

I'll be keeping an eye out for good reductions on this one in the future.... I could be tempted to get a second to replace my X-Pro1. I do like the X-Pro but it does feel quite a bit solower than the X-T1..... can't wait for it to come back!

Off Topic a bit but wondered if any user of the X-T1 had tried out the remote operation from an Android phone. I note that Android 4.0 + is needed to achieve remote activation. My phone is still on 2.2.

Found it is not possible to sync android through Mavericks yet, although there is a beta version of Syncmate 5 available.

Allan

Off Topic a bit but wondered if any user of the X-T1 had tried out the remote operation from an Android phone. I note that Android 4.0 + is needed to achieve remote activation. My phone is still on 2.2.

Found it is not possible to sync android through Mavericks yet, although there is a beta version of Syncmate 5 available.

Allan

Yes, I've used  the Android and iPad app to control the X-T1. 

It works very well, especially for a first version. Control ISO, Aperture, Speed as well as a whole host of other odds and sods. Seems quite fast as well. It will certainly see a lot of use when I'm acting as model and photographer. Will make life a lot easier.

Edit... I think the one thing they could do though is make it a little quicker to connect. Once it's connected it's very good. And, it's always in portrait mode. It won't flip to landscape when you turn the phone on it's side.... not a major issue.

Thanks Duncan. nice to know it works even, as you say, it could do with a bit of tweaking.

My phone is getting on a bit now so I might consider updating to a new model if I cannot update the firmware to Android 4.0+

Allan

Thanks Duncan. nice to know it works even, as you say, it could do with a bit of tweaking.

My phone is getting on a bit now so I might consider updating to a new model if I cannot update the firmware to Android 4.0+

Allan

The latest Android is nice but no matter if you go iPhone or Android, you should be ok.

One thing I noticed with the iPad connection, I had to keep going into settings and physically selecting the Fuji Wifi whereas Android remembers it and automatically connected. This maybe something to do with the way I have things set up... who knows. If there is someone else out there who uses the app on an iPhone etc who's found away of avoiding this I would be interested to know.

Allan

The latest Android is nice but no matter if you go iPhone or Android, you should be ok.

One thing I noticed with the iPad connection, I had to keep going into settings and physically selecting the Fuji Wifi whereas Android remembers it and automatically connected. This maybe something to do with the way I have things set up... who knows. If there is someone else out there who uses the app on an iPhone etc who's found away of avoiding this I would be interested to know.

Thanks Duncan, I will definately stay with android.

Allan

Archived