If any Fuji X owners (sorry - users) are interested, the new Fuji 10-24mm lens will be shipping to retailers during last week of March.

That is according to information received.

Allan

If any Fuji X owners (sorry - users) are interested, the new Fuji 10-24mm lens will be shipping to retailers during last week of March.

Allan

ooOOO shiny toys :) .... No, I can't buy it. I've spent to much already lately with the 23 & 56mm. The reviews looked very positive for the 10-24. Sometime in the future maybe, when I can get one as a bargain!

For me it will have to wait until after the X-T1 the 14mm (more compact) or 10-24mm, decisions, decisions. I am not a big user of wide angles. But if the news is confirmed for the super-zoom, saving for that will take priority as it will get more use.

For me it will have to wait until after the X-T1 the 14mm (more compact) or 10-24mm, decisions, decisions. I am not a big user of wide angles. But if the news is confirmed for the super-zoom, saving for that will take priority as it will get more use.

I love the 14mm prime but the reports suggest the zoom is also very good at 14mm. I guess it may come down to whether you need the extra stop in light f/2.8 vs f/4. 

I'd imagine the addition of the super zoom may open the X Trans system to quite a lot of people. Wildlife shooters etc. The 55-200 is good but there are a lot of people looking for the 400-600 FF equivalent reach. If there is a lot of extra reach over the 55-200 I could be tempted but only once they start dropping in price. 

Guest dlmphotog

Yes, the 10-24 will be my next XF lens.

Maybe I can retire my D3 - Zeiss 18mm ZF combo and use the X-T1 with the 10-24 for my commercial architectural work?

I am quite impressed with the 55-200mm I picked up today; normally I’m not a big fan of variable aperture lenses but Fuji may change my mind.  

David L. Moore

Allan

ooOOO shiny toys :) .... No, I can't buy it. I've spent to much already lately with the 23 & 56mm. The reviews looked very positive for the 10-24. Sometime in the future maybe, when I can get one as a bargain!

I recently purchased the 35mm f1.4 and the 60mm f2.4 together to take advantage of Fuji's cash back offer. This means I get the 35mm lens for £109 after cash back, and yes I do intend to use these lenses.

Allan

Yes, the 10-24 will be my next XF lens.

Maybe I can retire my D3 - Zeiss 18mm ZF combo and use the X-T1 with the 10-24 for my commercial architectural work?

I am quite impressed with the 55-200mm I picked up today; normally I’m not a big fan of variable aperture lenses but Fuji may change my mind.  

David L. Moore

Well, if you have that combo, you have the makings of a much better kit - buy yourself a Sony Alpha 7 (not R) to take you up to 24 megapixels, and add to this the a Kipon tilt-shift adaptor in Nikon fit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kipon-Nikon-F-mount-Lens-to-Sony-NEX-E-Tilt-Shift-Adapter-NEX-3-5-6-7-C3-5N-5R-/350679923600?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item51a626fb90

This adaptor positions the tilt action correctly to keep the lens axis centred (most of the cheaper adaptors, of which I now have three, end up with the centre of the image circle aiming at the edge of the frame) and the shift action can use all the image circle of the Zeiss lens when stopped down - maybe only 3-4mm not the full 12mm shift.

David

Allan

I recently purchased the 35mm f1.4 and the 60mm f2.4 together to take advantage of Fuji's cash back offer. This means I get the 35mm lens for £109 after cash back, and yes I do intend to use these lenses.

Allan

Be prepared for a shock with that 60mm. It may not be the fastest in the block but my is sharp. I use this as my close up studio lens and it is excellent... also good as a lightweight mid-length landscape lens. Just don't try and use it on anything fast moving  :D.

Guest dlmphotog

Alternatively, sell me your 18mm ZF for a bargain price and I'll buy myself a Kipon adaptor...

David K,

Thank you for the generous offer but I’ll have to pass :)

I’m surprised anyone would want the Zeiss 18mm as I always feel like it’s the poor cousin when compared to the Zeiss 21mm.

I don’t know about Sony cameras, never had one but thanks for the info on the adapter. My poor D3 is beat to death so I have been looking at the D610 as a replacement but I purchased the sexier X-T1 instead. B)

I do like the shift capabilities on the PC-E 24mm when shooting interiors and I need a high vantage to look over objects in the foreground but don’t want all ceiling so I shift down. Kind of the opposite shift you would do with a tall building exterior.

David L. Moore  

Be prepared for a shock with that 60mm. It may not be the fastest in the block but my is sharp. I use this as my close up studio lens and it is excellent... also good as a lightweight mid-length landscape lens. Just don't try and use it on anything fast moving  :D.

When I first tried the 60mm it was hunting like mad. Installed latest firmware and is much better now. Faster and only hunts a little bit occasionally. Got it mainly for close studio work but it is not true macro only 1:2 which I knew when I got it. Will try it in the field too.

If anyone wants 1:1 macro from their Fuji X then I believe Zeiss have or are bringing out a 50mm for Fuji with true macro.

Allan

Archived