Property Releases revisited

I'm sure this must have been covered but I can't find anything relevant in the forum. I have a property release for a classic yacht but not for anything else in the scene. ie Marina is council owned and there are lot of other vessels around. I would upload a jpg but.... how?

I would welcome a consensus  . Thanks in advance

John

Generally if things are in the background and irrelevant to the content, there are no visible logos, no easily identifiable brands, absolutely no identifiable designer brands, no identifiable pets, no identifiable trademarked buildings, no public works of art (in some countries), many of something often seen in a picture such as a row of houses, office buildings etc, the picture is not inside private property, not National Trust, then you don’t need a property release.  There is a huge difference between something that is central to the picture and things obviously peripheral.

Take a look at leading commercial RF collections (at Getty, Corbis, Masterfile, Image Source, Blend RF, Cultura RF, Science Photo Library RF, etc).  I believe that people who manage some of these know more about the issue than anyone at Alamy.

RB

Thank you both for taking the trouble to reply.

Member services view is a property release for "everything" too. My view inclines to Robert's view.  This was on private property in the sense it was Council owned but the council work on behalf of the public. I think I better mark the images as " property Release required but "No Release"  and move on- life is too short..

The National Trust is altogether another matter having seen other threads on this forum

Thanks again

JAJ

My understanding (from a photojournalism course I once did) that, in the UK,  property releases were not required for publicly owned (Government, council etc.) buildings, except for places covered by the official secrets act.

Archived