Stockimo glitch with iPhone's built-in filters?

I've uploaded three photos so far and noticed something with the last one. I applied the iPhone's "Noir" filter to the image, which gives a high contrast black and white effect. It made this image quite dramatic. However, after uploading, the image thumbnail in the Activity section is the unaltered version. iPhone filters are non-destructive, you can go back to the original. Hopefully, the altered image is what uploaded, but if it was the original, this is a problem.

I wondered about that. I had one that looked like it wasn't the filtered version, but the image is too small on iphone to be sure once submitted. I have mainly been using Snapseed and saving edited version to camera roll and then selecting that saved version, and seems to be Ok

Never mind. It seems to be fine now. Must have been a glitch with the phone.

I take this back. I tried again last night and it appeared the altered version uploaded and it appeared as uploaded in the Activity pane. However, this morning, the thumbnail in the Activity pane has reverted to the original. I'm pretty sure Alamy is getting the original. I've already had one failure and I believe it's due to them getting an unmodified file as the original color version is pretty plain jane but the high contrast black and white version is rather dramatic.

When uploading from Stockimo, go to Snapseed folder otherwise you might upload the original photo.

That's probably true if you're using Snapseed. Not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the built-in filter effects in the iOS Photos app. I also use Camera Awesome and it gives the option of saving either the unaltered or altered version to the iPhone camera roll, so there's no problem with that.

I also think there may be a possible work around until Alamy sorts this out and that is emailing the altered version to yourself and then saving it back to the camera roll and uploading that version. I haven't tried it yet, but will today.

Archived