Rejection and uploading again

Hi just got rejected, the upload software,or my windows software, not sure which said four of my images were orientated wrong so I turned them round. Adobe bridge said they were correctly orientated. Anyway it just failed all the other images outright,gutted! So my question is well there are two really will this effect my rank, and also should I now wait till tomorrow to upload again as it says they just reject outright for that date? I felt sure they were all quality I am really miffed, I should have fobbed those four and gone with it while sorting out my computer issues?

but saying that I do not know if they were just the first images they saw and just said bye. they were strong images even the badly oriented ones(still cussing myself for that blunder) but hopefully no real harm done. They accepted four the other day so I am pretty sure it is just that. But like I say there were no extra comments Mark.

This is a technical issues caused by your camera and by Bridge/Adobe. Make sure your camera is set to Auto Rotate images - even if that means you end up viewing them on the screen as a half-size image in the middle, for verticals. The camera will then embed the otrientation into the file metadata. If you don't do this, but turn the photo through 90 degrees in Bridge or in PS, you may get a double instruction which confuses some processors - presumably including Alamy's processing engine. PBase is another which can go wrong. Your pictures which open perfectly in Photoshop turn sideways when uploaded, because the file has a tag which makes it happen. Actually sussing out which cameras, and which programs, cause this is very difficult.

I shall just have to be careful it would seem. Had I kept them as they were it would have probably been OK, but in a rush to upload I just turned them and it has bummed me. Oh well there is always tomorrow. I think I shot these as jpeg so perhaps that has something to do with it. I shall put them to one side while I get some other pictures uploaded me thinks. I only put them in because I read they were looking for architectural stuff for video games and things like that. 

Archived