PECULIAR HAPPENING IN LrC

When putting image files into a folder I order them by name.  When I go back to that folder the image files are all mixed up. How can I stop this from happening?

It does not happen every time which makes it confusing.

Allan

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

When putting image files into a folder I order them by name.  When I go back to that folder the image files are all mixed up. How can I stop this from happening?

It does not happen every time which makes it confusing.

Allan

Mmm... I've never seen that happen. What's your "Sort Order" at the foot of screen underneath the thumbnails set to? Does it change when you go away from a folder and come back?

Mark

Posted (edited)

Very sorry Mark I don't know what I was thinking when I started this thread but the problem has nothing to do with LrC at all.

The problem is occurring when I move a folder of images from a holding folder to another holding folder on the computer.

eg:  I have folders of image files in a holding folder named "Ready for Submission" and move them to another folder named "Waiting QC" after uploading to Alamy.

Using up to date Apple computer and software if it helps.

Allan

Just checked and the folder of images I moved to the second holding folder was was jumbled so I sorted them by name and came out. When I went back in to check if they were still sorted they had moved out of position again so had to be resorted.  This just keeps repeating as every time I go back the images are out of place.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

Have you tried Force quitting Finder? (Command+Option+Escape to bring up Force Quit Applications menu, select Finder, then click Force Quit)

If that doesn't work try resetting the Folder display defaults

In Finder click the Circle with 3 dots inside (top right of Tool Bar) to bring up the folder options.

Change the "Sort By" to something different - click "Use as Defaults"

Change the "Sort By" to "Name" - click "Use as Defaults" again

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

Thanks for the information. No I have not tried those options. Will try later today and let you know.

Allan

Sorry Mark those options did not work.

Allan

On 26/07/2024 at 05:12, Allan Bell said:

...the problem has nothing to do with LrC at all.

a.       It is possible to edit OP

b.      In Microsoft Windows it is possible to check a box
that offers to make all future windows the same settings
(is there not such a function in Apple??)

Solved the problem.  The folder which was giving the trouble and moving the files around has been made to "view files as icons" rather than "view by name".

Thank you for your help in finding the solution.

Allan

• Like 1