14 million new videos to discover

I just happened to go to the home page and I see that these 14 million new videos are headlined. "In partnership with depositphotos". Might have been there for a while I suppose.

Edited by Harry Harrison

On the plus side, it says that at least Alamy haven't given up on selling video. On the down side, this move doesn't seem to bring any closer the possibility of direct video submission to Alamy.

Fourteen million videos available from Deposit photos appears to be the entirity of their video library, compared with a subset of the videos from Pond5 which were made available when that deal was done. As far as I know, Alamy still sell only a subset of the Pond5 library.

To the best of my knowledge, I've not sold any Pond5 video through Alamy. As I don't contribute to Depositphotos, I won't be selling any through that channel either.

23 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

On the plus side, it says that at least Alamy haven't given up on selling video. On the down side, this move doesn't seem to bring any closer the possibility of direct video submission to Alamy.

Fourteen million videos available from Deposit photos appears to be the entirity of their video library, compared with a subset of the videos from Pond5 which were made available when that deal was done. As far as I know, Alamy still sell only a subset of the Pond5 library.

To the best of my knowledge, I've not sold any Pond5 video through Alamy. As I don't contribute to Depositphotos, I won't be selling any through that channel either.

Lets not leave out the 43,000 videos from PA Media now also for sale here on Alamy.

Alamy has twice in the past couple years mentioned opening video submissions to their own contributors - but I agree it now looks unlikely.  Guess they don't want to add QC of their own contributors video submissions to the workload.   :huh:

Edited by Phil
typo