RX10 or Nex ?

Hi all

Further to all of the above, based on a lot more research into the Canon M and its quality of image I have now decided against it.  Having spent the whole day reading reviews I am going to go with the Fuji X-E1. I just want to hear if anyone has any experience with the 18-55 XF lens as I can get the pair for a reasonable price. Funnily enough I have also come across some of the Nex at what appears fairly good prices but by the time I get a 'decent' bit of glass it will still be more than the Fuji. So Fuji it is. Lens reviews appreciated.

Thanks for all you patience, I know these shall I shan't I threads are pretty tiresome :)

George I had the X-E1 for about six weeks then changed to the X-E2. A big difference in speed of focus with the firmware updates for camera and lenses.

If you wanting to capture moving subjects I think the X-E2 is a must if you wish to go down the Fuji route.

I use the 18-55 XF lens and find my copy to be very good regarding sharpness with little fall off at the edges and corners.

Allan

Thanks Allan

Have just this minute completed my order for the X-E1. Hoping I have made the right decision, we'll see. Got the kit lens with it but also includes a £100 cashback offer plus a FREE 50-200 lens. By next weekend I'll be off and away. :)

OK George, Don't forget to load up the new firmware for camera and lenses before you start. Your copies when they arrive will probably be old stock as far as the firmware is concerned.

Allan

Archived