Exclusivity question

Sally Robertson

Question

Hi All,

I have images sitting in AIM that I’ll keyword in a few days as currently away from home. One of them sold once as RF on a microstock site in 2019. When I first joined Alamy I left the microstock site so the image is no longer available anywhere but Alamy.

When I first joined Alamy in 2020 (left and rejoined this year) I asked Alamy if images previously with the microstock site and now only with Alamy can be marked as exclusive. They replied yes they can be marked as exclusive if no longer available for license elsewhere.

I’m just wanting to confirm this is still the case? I thought I’d check here first. I’ve read the exclusivity info Alamy provides and I can’t see anything saying it can’t be marked as exclusive. Just wanted to confirm it can definitely be exclusive and that I haven’t missed any new info to the contrary. I’m assuming it can also be RM now even though it sold once as RF elsewhere in 2019.

6 answers to this question

I had images selling through another agency in the past. I don't have images with any other agency right now. I asked Alamy if I could mark all my images as exclusive, even those that sold, and they said yes. I believe it was a change in the last contract. 

Hi Ian and Gen,

Gen, I got the exact same reply from Alamy back in 2020 so I’m assuming it is all the same still and your response from them suggests that.

If you like Ian I’ll email contributor relations just to confirm and then I can let you know. I expect it will be the same still since Gen asked.

2 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Hi Ian and Gen,

Gen, I got the exact same reply from Alamy back in 2020 so I’m assuming it is all the same still and your response from them suggests that.

If you like Ian I’ll email contributor relations just to confirm and then I can let you know. I expect it will be the same still since Gen asked.

Please do! It would be useful information for everybody. 😀

19 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Please do! It would be useful information for everybody. 😀

Hello again Ian,

Alamy have replied and confirmed that as long as the image is no longer available on any other stock sites then it can be marked as exclusive to Alamy. It can also be marked RM even though when previously available elsewhere it was RF. Yay 😀 

• Like 1