Switching From One Adobe Account to Another

Jill Morgan

Question

I have been using my son's Adobe account (I bought it for him for Christmas a couple of years ago) and he no longer is using it.  So this year with the Black Friday special I subscribed for myself to the all apps plan.

I still have a month on my son's (they gave me a free month when I tried to cancel) and am wondering when I switch over, will I need to uninstall photoshop and all the other apps and then reinstall under my account?  I have thousands of presets in these apps. I know I can save them all, but wonder if I can just keep using the same apps without having to go through the hassle.

Anyone ever done this?

Jill

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

I have been using my son's Adobe account (I bought it for him for Christmas a couple of years ago) and he no longer is using it.  So this year with the Black Friday special I subscribed for myself to the all apps plan.

I still have a month on my son's (they gave me a free month when I tried to cancel) and am wondering when I switch over, will I need to uninstall photoshop and all the other apps and then reinstall under my account?  I have thousands of presets in these apps. I know I can save them all, but wonder if I can just keep using the same apps without having to go through the hassle.

Anyone ever done this?

Jill

Hi Jill,

Yes it should be possible without too much trouble .. (fingers crossed).

1. Launch Creative Cloud desktop app.

2. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand side in the Creative Cloud desktop window and go to 'Preferences'

3. Select the tab 'Account', Sign out of creative cloud and then sign back in using the different Adobe Id.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wilkopix said:

Hi Jill,

Yes it should be possible without too much trouble .. (fingers crossed).

1. Launch Creative Cloud desktop app.

2. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand side in the Creative Cloud desktop window and go to 'Preferences'

3. Select the tab 'Account', Sign out of creative cloud and then sign back in using the different Adobe Id.

Thanks.  I'll be brave and try it and see what happens.  I can always resign in with my son's account before it expires and save all the presets if I find an issue.  

Jill