botanical ID help: NC USA moss / trees / wildflowers

Looks like lupine and poppies to me - but I'm no expert. Hard to see the tree leaves but looks like a maple on the far right and (less sure) a tulip on the far right. 

Run them through Google images and you'll probably have an answer. I've found it's a very easy way to at least get started with identifying plants. I then click on similar images from trustworthy sites such as universities and botanical gardens. Lovely images!

• 1 month later...

If you have a smart phone a helpful app named "Seek" is useful for ID'ing all sorts of flora and fauna including insects while in the field.  It uses the phone's camera to attempt ID of a subject. If successful in ID'ing it provides both the common and scientific names.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

One definite tulip tree on the right.   Leaves are very distinctive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liriodendron It's part of the poplar family if I'm remembering correctly.  Nope, part of the Magnolia family and the flowers are rather magnolia like.  Very common in Piedmont and mountains in the US south. 

Edited by Rebecca Ore
cleared up mmemory misremember

Hi Jeffrey. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Flowers are delphinium (also called Larkspur) and Oriental poppies (Papaver orientale). I've grown both in my yard so am pretty positive with ID. Trees I'm no help with!

• Like 1