Hello from Walsall (West Midlands) Uk

Martin p Hill

I don't think I've posted on here before, I've been a member since 2018. I've had 10 sales since then. I've been ill for the last few years and hopefully starting to move on now with this. Loads to learn and do, hope you guys on here can help me along the way.

Edited by Martin p Hill
  • Love 1

Glad you have improved health. I'm taking you seriously about wanting help. I took a quick look and you have some really lovely images. The captions and keywords are not good. Pretty awful where I looked... flowers and dogs attracted me. You need to make everything specific to the one image. Don't put poppies on a photo of a rose. Don't put big black dog on a sweet-looking little fellow who looks like some kind of terrier. Take a look at the portfolio reviews with specific attention to the keywording issue. I hope that will result in more sales for you.

Paulette

• Love 2

Hi, I think you've copied and pasted the same keywords across each set of images, such as "black and white lancaster bomber" is across all the airshow images. You might think this gets more hits but it actually works against you by lowering your ranking, and therefore 'findability'. Don't try and get keywords 'into the green', succinct and to the point seems to work best. My other comment, esp on the aircraft, would be to work on the darker areas in PS/LR  as they look underexposed and lacking detail. Welcome to the forum, you'll get lots of advice, but always worth using the search function as many questions have been answered multiple times! Good luck! :).  Hugh

• Love 1

Hi

As others said captions/keywords do need to be checked over.  Looked at your flower pics and noticed lots of them captioned as "Rushall Olympic Football Club" and most seem to have keywords that do not apply to them.  Possibly you are forgetting to unselect pictures after you caption/key them so they end up with the same details as a later batch.  I find it useful to click on the "Clear selection X" button at the top right of images panel before you start a new selection, this ensures the last lot are cleared even if they are not visible.

Chris