Reconciliation on ONE content Fee Packages. When and How?

@Alamycan you provide information how and when you do the reconciliation of amount paid per images for large image packs with One Content Fee paid by customer. 

As per contract Alamy will report "Licence Fees" defined as 

"Licence Fees"
means any sum actually received by Alamy from any Customer in respect of the license of your Content whether a single payment or a royalty paid over time.

But how is the accounting done when at time of sale Alamy can not determine how much the client paid in respect of a Licence.  For example I had a sale today where the client paid OneContent fee for "The Content Fee entitles you to download from the Website a maximum of 3600 individual items of Content per calendar year".  So when they licenced my Image Alamy would not know how many Image the client would take to be able to give how much they paid for each image they selected.  If by year end they only took 2000, i am entitled to Total/2000 as per contract, from which Alamy can now deduct the 60% commission.  Can you please show how this is handled.  

Thanks. 

• Like 9

I bet it works the same way as SS. Each individual image sale is deemed to be worth the content fee / package size. If the customer doesn't download their full quota, Alamy pocket 100% of the "unused" proportion of content fee. So not exactly in line with the Licence Fees definition in the contract, but hard to see how else it could be administered. Another inconsistency in the contract methinks...

Mark

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I bet it works the same way as SS. Each individual image sale is deemed to be worth the content fee / package size. If the customer doesn't download their full quota, Alamy pocket 100% of the "unused" proportion of content fee. So not exactly in line with the Licence Fees definition in the contract, but hard to see how else it could be administered. Another inconsistency in the contract methinks...

Mark

Alamy still has to respect the contract.  From my recollection SS sells full package of image, if you don't download totallity images are forfeited.   

Alamy is different,  based on my sales report client bought the right to download up to 3600 images for one fee, so price per image is based on actual amount downloaded, there is no forfeiture. 

This is like all you can eat buffet.  If i pay $10 for all you can eat hotdog, if i ate 4 i paid $2.50 per, if i ate 5 i paid $2.00 and the Agreement says Alamy must report actually paid per image. 

• Thanks 1