Adding a new supertag across a large batch of images in AIM where some already have the maximum of 10

This problem may be unique to me but I was trying to do just that across a batch of 342 images. The problem arises if some of those images already have 10 supertags so you get a message like this, obviously these are my image refs:

You've exceeded the limit for supertags on one or more of your selected images.Try removing Alamy refs R30DAF, 2GF5BDR, 2GF5BDH, WNBBR6, WNBC9C, WNB6N7, WNB7M5, WNB786, W41M63, R6B467, R6B43M, R6B3KM, R6B3KE, R6940P, R83TEW, R83TE3, R83TFR, R893AY, R30CXN, R30D21, R30D6J, R30D4B, R30CJW from selection.

So you can remove them and apply the new supertag across those remaining, but what about those you have removed?

So copy & paste the text into a word processor document, it doesn't have to be fancy, just something that has Find & Replace. Trim of the text to leave just the comma-separated image refs.

R30DAF, 2GF5BDR, 2GF5BDH, WNBBR6, WNBC9C, WNB6N7, WNB7M5, WNB786, W41M63, R6B467, R6B43M, R6B3KM, R6B3KE, R6940P, R83TEW, R83TE3, R83TFR, R893AY, R30CXN, R30D21, R30D6J, R30D4B, R30CJW

Then use Find and Replace to 'Find' the commas and replace with ' OR' (note the space).

You get this:

R30DAF OR 2GF5BDR OR 2GF5BDH OR WNBBR6 OR WNBC9C OR WNB6N7 OR WNB7M5 OR WNB786 OR W41M63 OR R6B467 OR R6B43M OR R6B3KM OR R6B3KE OR R6940P OR R83TEW OR R83TE3 OR R83TFR OR R893AY OR R30CXN OR R30D21 OR R30D6J OR R30D4B OR R30CJW

Paste that back into the search field in AIM and it will find them, 32 in my case, and deal with their supertags issues. 

This works in the main Alamy search field as well of course, though I don't suppose anyone would want to do that. I tried 'AND' as the separator at first but that didn't work, fortunately 'OR' does.

Of course it would be nice if AIM had the option to just find these image refs as well as to remove them from the current search.

Apologies if this is old hat, or if there is another simpler way to achieve this.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Cunning.

It's a shame that Alamy didn't at least make the changes to the images it can, and then a simple repeated search for same keywords with NOT NewTag added would have isolated the rest for individual intervention.

Mark

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

It's a shame that Alamy didn't at least make the changes to the images it can, and then a simple repeated search for same keywords with NOT NewTag added would have isolated the rest for individual intervention.

I don't remember anyone mentioning this as a problem before (well in fact I did once but there were no takers) but it's certainly been a problem for me from time to time because I suppose I threw in too many supertags. Yes, Alamy could do this easily, and it would make sense to do so, should have been there from Day 1 of the new AIM really. I somehow doubt that they would ever get around to it though. 

Edited by Harry Harrison

14 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

I don't remember anyone mentioning this as a problem before (well in fact I did once but there were no takers) but it's certainly been a problem for me from time to time because I suppose I threw in too many supertags. Yes, Alamy could do this easily, and it would make sense to do so, should have been there from Day 1 of the new AIM really. I somehow doubt that they would ever get around to it though. 

I think it's been mentioned numerous times, it's also been suggested as another reason for not aiming to get the discovery bar to go green as that limits the ability to make batch changes later. It's frustrated me more times than I care to remember.

Mark

6 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

I think it's been mentioned numerous times, it's also been suggested as another reason for not aiming to get the discovery bar to go green as that limits the ability to make batch changes later. It's frustrated me more times than I care to remember.

Thanks, I'd missed that. It's easy to identify which images have the full 10 supertags from the data download csv by creating a spreadsheet and inserting a column that counts the commas (and subtracting 1 from the total). I think it will also be easy to create a csv of just those Alamy refs and then use that to create a string as above that will find those in AIM. I think I'll do it, though in fact I import the csv into a Filemaker 'work' file so it's probably even easier for me to create a script in that to just create the string directly. Haven't done it for a while mind.