What are these commissions?

stockbuster

Question

Hey, there! I finally got a good sale and right below it, 

it shows 2 different commissions and the amounts in red. One says' Alamy Distribution Commission' and the other one says' Distributor Commission' By the way it looks, 

I won't get much off this sale. Am I wrong? I can't figure it out. Thank you for anyone that can help explain these 'commissions'. 

4 answers to this question

If you look at the commission table in the contract you will see that for distributor sales the distributor takes their cut - no longer defined in the contract, but typically 40% - then of the amount remaining Alamy takes their commission before leaving you with the remainder. You can only opt out of distribution in April, using the options tab on your dashboard.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

If you look at the commission table in the contract you will see that for distributor sales the distributor takes their cut - no longer defined in the contract, but typically 40% - then of the amount remaining Alamy takes their commission before leaving you with the remainder. You can only opt out of distribution in April, using the options tab on your dashboard.

Thank you so much! 

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations on the sale. Unfortunately, you will likely end up with about 24% if it was through a distributor, probably much less if you are in the "Silver" band. Best of luck.

Thank you so much!