Anyone tried the Roxsen EOS adapter

Be careful mounting heavier lenses on consumer grade lens mounts, found that out the hard way, stressed out my D7000 lens mount by constantly mounting heavier lenses than the mount can take (fine if the lens has a tripod collar and  mounted on tripod). The stress on the mount warped it just a tiny microscopic amount, but enough to render VR/IS inoperable and intermittently aperture communication loss. So now I'm using a 9 year old D2X that can take the pressure of living with me & NASA.

I've had two or three adaptors in the last few days (not EOS) including types sold by Roxsen and they are not only variable in mechanical fit, they can be damaging. I'm now considering only buying Kipon, Novoflex or Metabones - I was lucky to be able to remove one converter from the lens it was on, and my latest one (Pixco) loses infinity focus (the wrong way - lens won't get to infinity - I am quite happy with focusing beyond, that's never an issue!).

Thanks for the warnings! I have successfully used cheap adapters up until now but the Roxsen is rather more than I would normally pay.

In most instances they cause lenses to focus way beyond infinity, but I have one which is spot on for old Pentax glass, and what a joy to be able to dial in a distance and shoot!  I believe that there is normally some adjustment within older lenses to enable infinity focus, but you have to strip them down to do this - something I'm not prepared to do.

Archived