Balance uncleared after one year

Keri Billen

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi Keri,

Alamy report sales to you when they invoice a client for an image sale. If Alamy subsequently doesn't get paid, you don't get paid. 

Without knowing any more, this is probably the reason.

• Like 1

Those things happen from time to time. Not as often as before, but still. Companies go bust; people die, more so during Corona/Covid.

My oldest not cleared one dates from May 7th 2021 and is a $103.41 license still at 50-50%.

The second oldest is from October 2021.

I think 3 years has been my max in all those years. It turned out the distributor had gone bankrupt.

Are you sure yours has not been refunded? Some get refunded before the original have cleared. In that case the Cleared and Paid fields of the original license stay empty. In your Sales history the refund stays with the original sale, but in the Net revenue sales report it doesn't and you have to look for it yourself.

wim

On 01/06/2022 at 03:57, wiskerke said:

Those things happen from time to time. Not as often as before, but still. Companies go bust; people die, more so during Corona/Covid.

My oldest not cleared one dates from May 7th 2021 and is a $103.41 license still at 50-50%.

The second oldest is from October 2021.

I think 3 years has been my max in all those years. It turned out the distributor had gone bankrupt.

Are you sure yours has not been refunded? Some get refunded before the original have cleared. In that case the Cleared and Paid fields of the original license stay empty. In your Sales history the refund stays with the original sale, but in the Net revenue sales report it doesn't and you have to look for it yourself.

wim

Thank you for this information. When you indicate that "you have to look for it yourself," what exactly is that process? - [ Jeff ]

57 minutes ago, JBross said:

Thank you for this information. When you indicate that "you have to look for it yourself," what exactly is that process? - [ Jeff ]

As I said in the Sales history (the one with the thumbnails) the refunds stay with the original sale. If you choose the date range long enough.

In the Net revenue sales report you have to find the exact same line but with a negative sale amount and different dates.

It sometimes appears as a pair: a sale and a refund, however that usually means the refund is for a previous sale. In reality none of this is happening, it's just the client wanting everything on one bill or the bill in a new year or a month even. Or when it comes to paying the end bill of a larger project, the client finds out the exchange rate has shifted too much in his/her disadvantage and asks accounting for a new bill at the current date. We only see this because reporting to us is done in (close to) real time.

Depending on how many sales there are, this is either on the same page some lines apart or hunting through many pages. Quickest is by number. If you download the spreadsheet it's even quicker of course.

wim