Problems uploading images

vtkent

Question

I have recently started to have problems uploading images. Typically I will select a batch of images on my computer they will start to upload. Then after a few images have successfully uploaded (variable number) I get a constantly spinning circle and nothing will upload from then on. If I disconnect and try again starting with the same image that it go stuck on previously it just gets stuck again. If I start on another image it will sometimes continue and sometimes not.

I am on ethernet on fibre broadband and when the upload works it is quick so I don't understand what is happening.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, do you have a fix?

Thanks

Vivien

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, vtkent said:

I have recently started to have problems uploading images. Typically I will select a batch of images on my computer they will start to upload. Then after a few images have successfully uploaded (variable number) I get a constantly spinning circle and nothing will upload from then on. If I disconnect and try again starting with the same image that it go stuck on previously it just gets stuck again. If I start on another image it will sometimes continue and sometimes not.

I am on ethernet on fibre broadband and when the upload works it is quick so I don't understand what is happening.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, do you have a fix?

Thanks

Vivien

What browser are you using?

We recently have found out that using Firefox somehow there was a maximum file size of 20 Mb and in Safari 50 Mb. Modern cameras will easily surpass even the 50 Mb in the case of a detailed image.

And then there's the JPG optimization setting: make sure you set the JPG to Baseline. Photoshop has the nasty habit of always remembering the last used Jpeg setting. Including not only the quality setting, but also the optimization setting. Which is fine if you never open any Jpeg except your own. Alamy expects JPGs in Baseline format.

wim

28 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

What browser are you using?

We recently have found out that using Firefox somehow there was a maximum file size of 20 Mb and in Safari 50 Mb. Modern cameras will easily surpass even the 50 Mb in the case of a detailed image.

And then there's the JPG optimization setting: make sure you set the JPG to Baseline. Photoshop has the nasty habit of always remembering the last used Jpeg setting. Including not only the quality setting, but also the optimization setting. Which is fine if you never open any Jpeg except your own. Alamy expects JPGs in Baseline format.

wim

Ah interesting - I always use Firefox so that may well be the problem (although it's never been a problem until the past few weeks). I process my photos in Lightroom and have preset saved export criteria for images I am going to send to Alamy so the JPG issue shouldn't apply. I'll try using another browser and see if that sorts it. Thanks.

4 hours ago, vtkent said:

Ah interesting - I always use Firefox so that may well be the problem (although it's never been a problem until the past few weeks). I process my photos in Lightroom and have preset saved export criteria for images I am going to send to Alamy so the JPG issue shouldn't apply. I'll try using another browser and see if that sorts it. Thanks.

Chrome still works.

I somehow lost the link to a possible solution in Firefox. Obviously it has to do with some buffer, and as all things in Firefox it's completely user configurable. However which setting is it. https://tweakers.net/g/s/bonk.gif

wim