Slow clearance for image sale

mwakeling

Question

I sold an image in mid-December to a major Canadian news magazine. The article and image was lifted and used all over the world on various news websites (and for which I, and the other Alamy contributor, Richard Ellis, whose image was also used will receive squat). The sale has not cleared, 4 1/2 months after publication. I did contact Contributor relations at the 3 month + point, and was told "Our credit control team will be aware this payment remains uncleared and will be working hard to retrieve payment from the customer." At this point, is there anything else that I can do?

3 answers to this question

nothing on the payment sadly.  

i am curious what you mean by "article and image was lifted and used all over the world on various news websites" ? Was this part of the licencing terms?  If not i would report these as infringement of your image.  

(feel free to shame the news magazine, simple search to find out who it was)

Edited by meanderingemu

i am curious what you mean by "article and image was lifted and used all over the world on various news websites" ? Was this part of the licencing terms?  If not i would report these as infringement of your image.  

I did report it; C.R. said as the article was copied off the magazine's webpage, there was nothing that they would do.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mwakeling said:

I did report it; C.R. said as the article was copied off the magazine's webpage, there was nothing that they would do.

wow.   you would think they would at least try, we gave away 20% of our earning to support the infringement team.