Video uploads

Bob Graham

Question

3 answers to this question

On 26/04/2022 at 05:41, sooth said:

"if you contribute to Pond5, some of your clips might (?) end up being available on Alamy..."

In light of the asset sharing Partner scheme between Alamy and Pond5 - yesterday while poking around on Pond5 I noticed that as part of their Partner Editorial offerings scheme that Pond5 touts "PA Media" as having 30,000+ videos as part of Pond5's Editorial video RF offerings.  PA Media being one of several agencies in their Editorial RF Partner scheme.   

https://www.pond5.com/collections/3706848-pa-media

Unclear if the "PA Media" Partner means Alamy or a separate PA Media video library.

It's also questionable to me that all this image/video asset "cross pollination" is really beneficial.  Seems like more competition for the same assets and helping drive reduced pricing and royalties.  More questionable if the shared images/videos are from a supposed "Exclusive" contributor's assets.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Phil said:

In light of the asset sharing Partner scheme between Alamy and Pond5 - yesterday while poking around on Pond5 I noticed that as part of their Partner Editorial offerings scheme that Pond5 touts "PA Media" as having 30,000+ videos as part of Pond5's Editorial video RF offerings.  PA Media being one of several agencies in their Editorial RF Partner scheme.   

https://www.pond5.com/collections/3706848-pa-media

Unclear if the "PA Media" Partner means Alamy or a separate PA Media video library.

It's also questionable to me that all this image/video asset "cross pollination" is really beneficial.  Seems like more competition for the same assets and helping drive reduced pricing and royalties.  More questionable if the shared images/videos are from a supposed "Exclusive" contributor's assets.

If I click on Contributor: Pond5 underneath a video on Alamy, I get 6,221,762 videos.

wim