JPG format Photoshop change

TimR

Question

As indicated on Alamy I have processed if TIFF, saved them and copied in JPG after processing. They always went in to Alamy smoothly. A few days a go I followed that procedure and instead of the JPG that I normally got, Photoshop showed a JPRG 2000 option. I chose that and Alamy says that it does not recognize that designation. How can I now submit my images?

2 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, TimR said:

As indicated on Alamy I have processed if TIFF, saved them and copied in JPG after processing. They always went in to Alamy smoothly. A few days a go I followed that procedure and instead of the JPG that I normally got, Photoshop showed a JPRG 2000 option. I chose that and Alamy says that it does not recognize that designation. How can I now submit my images?

If you do not see JPG as an option, it means that your file does not meet the requirements. So it will only show the file extensions that fit your image at that point.

Wrong bit depth? Some (most) people start out with 16 bit images and convert them to 8 bit before saving as JPG. Easy to forget.

More than one layer? Photoshop now automatically makes a new layer after using some features, but doesn't show it unless you have the Layers menu open. Content aware fill (new) comes to mind. The old one didn't do this. Ordinary cropping same thing. Again easy to miss.

In case of doubt use Flatten layers before saving as JPG.

wim