Update the FAQ to actually reflect procedures. eg.Section 7 Sales

meanderingemu

Taken from FAQ

"Q. I’ve seen my photo being used but it hasn’t been reported as a sale?
A. The time it takes for our customers to report image uses varies depending on what industry they’re in. This can mean they don’t tell us they’ve used an image until the end of a month, quarter or publishing cycle. If you’ve seen an image being used, and it hasn’t appeared in your sales history within 3 months, then please let us know by filling in our unauthorised use form which you’ll find on your contributor dashboard and we’ll follow it up."

So have usage from July 6.  That is more than 3 months, so i prepared the reporting, got all the info, send the appropriate form, to be told, "This is a distributor sales, you need to wait 4 months to report, so Re-Report in 8 days".  If this is the process please update it.  If you want to wait longer to go after Your selected partner, that is your choice, but i shouldn't have to have to resubmit when I followed Alamy's guidelines. 

• Like 1

From the instruction:

Remember, some customers confirm use after publication so it might take a few months for your sale to be processed.

👨‍⚖️👩‍⚖️👨‍⚖️

Vague!

)*

)* Objection = a 1992 Dos PC Game by Transmedia (no woke jokes please). On Youtube pt1 pt2 pt3 pt4 pt5.

1992? Time flies 🍌.

wim

edit: 😱 it may even have been 1984. The opening screen says: ©1984-1991

Edited by wiskerke

Still bad that i have to RESUBMIT, even though i followed Alamy's own guidelines.  No apologises for the extra work this creates on us, to do the work they should be doing of keeping distributor in check, and yes this was a distributor often mentioned on this forum as having less than stellar reporting record, and then Alamy will charge me 76% commission. 

Edited by meanderingemu