$0.22 sales

pumpparkphotos

Question

I sell vintage images from my archive and have an average selling price of about $40, but I get a lot of sales for 22c with the usage detailed below. I'm not sure I want to make my images available for commercial use at this price, but cannot find where I have signed up to an ancilliary sales outlet that promotes sales below the standard $9.99 for personal use. Any ideas?

Usage: Editorial, Websites, apps, social media & blogs, editorial, any size, in perpetuity, worldwide
Media: Website, app and social media
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Any - print cover & inside, electronic, online
Image Size: Any size
Start: 05 October 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

3 answers to this question

14 hours ago, VIDRA said:

You can opt out of the novel use scheme

NU sales are detailed as such in the licence- OP's is not NU so you can't opt out. Incidentally, I haven't had an NU since 2011, but it hardly matters with such low conventional sales.

I had one of these yesterday at $0.26 gross (a dime net, yes, a whole 10 cents!) so things are evidently going rapidly downhill.:mellow:

• Like 1

Alamy so replied to me today: 

“Hi Vincenzo

Thanks for your email.

You can opt out of the novel use scheme, but you can only do this in April because we need a consistent collection of images as some of the Novel Use Schemes have long lead times.

The stock photography market is becoming more saturated and in order to compete with competitors our licensing models have had to move in the same direction. Nowadays most publishers will only purchase an image for use if it allows them ‘rights in perpetuity’ due to the level of flexibility they require.

Kind regards”

1 hour ago, VIDRA said:

Alamy so replied to me today: 

“Hi Vincenzo

Thanks for your email.

You can opt out of the novel use scheme, but you can only do this in April because we need a consistent collection of images as some of the Novel Use Schemes have long lead times.

The stock photography market is becoming more saturated and in order to compete with competitors our licensing models have had to move in the same direction. Nowadays most publishers will only purchase an image for use if it allows them ‘rights in perpetuity’ due to the level of flexibility they require.

Kind regards”

Effectively RF then....

Mark