Ordinary weather Live News outside the UK/Ireland?

I Always thought Live News weather, except for extreme ones, was mainly for the UK and Ireland- and potentially places with lots of UK expats, where Alamy seems to have contacts with the media's News desk.  Is this really sales for regular rainy days in the Czechia like this one? 

20 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I very rarely sell an Irish weather pic these days, but I sold a bunch up until 2018. Not any more. 

Thanks.

I am just surprised the Content team would be asking for some from countries they have no direct link with, but considering they are telling me they would rather i use Live News over Reportage for Local Canadian news, which only sells later, i shouldn't be surprised.  Just seems totally unproductive.  (Honestly they told me they would give me access to Reportage only after I failed QC a few times with borderline image (sigh!), so i'll just continue uploading through LN)

• Love 1

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

Thanks.

I am just surprised the Content team would be asking for some from countries they have no direct link with, but considering they are telling me they would rather i use Live News over Reportage for Local Canadian news, which only sells later, i shouldn't be surprised.  Just seems totally unproductive.  (Honestly they told me they would give me access to Reportage only after I failed QC a few times with borderline image (sigh!), so i'll just continue uploading through LN)

I think LN is the way to go. Find the right story and you’re almost guaranteed a sale. 

3 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I think LN is the way to go. Find the right story and you’re almost guaranteed a sale. 

not when  Alamy news desk doesn't feed with local media.  Yes i am using it for news with international exposure, and those have done OK, but I have yet to have the news desk place One image to a non UK paper, however plenty of these images get picked in days/ weeks following, and since i am not going to challenge my 5 Star rating on high ISO, borderline images LN will be the way, using the 24 hour limit to it's full extent since this is what Alamy wants. 

8 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

not when  Alamy news desk doesn't feed with local media.  Yes i am using it for news with international exposure, and those have done OK, but I have yet to have the news desk place One image to a non UK paper, however plenty of these images get picked in days/ weeks following, and since i am not going to challenge my 5 Star rating on high ISO, borderline images LN will be the way, using the 24 hour limit to it's full extent since this is what Alamy wants. 

Fair enough. In terms of quality, I’ve had pics pass which were shot at ISO 10,000 so I wouldn’t really worry about that side of things. My pics pass instantly, anyway. 

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Fair enough. In terms of quality, I’ve had pics pass which were shot at ISO 10,000 so I wouldn’t really worry about that side of things. My pics pass instantly, anyway. 

It just seems like a weird request from the Content Team to ask for weather news #LiveNews with this example from a country with so little exposure on the News Desk. 

as for passing that's no QC 5 Star, the issue is uploading them the one time where you hit the queue, but yeah manageable.  I think I am more confused that the literally say to go Fail QC to get access to Reportage.  So images qualify for the stream, but that don't give access (i also like the 600 character for news stories, but that's me), and the justification that it affects sales is weird, since my images were licensed with the same "not perfect" noticed since the one I presented were submitted under LN. 

But as you and I know, Contributor support is not really the focus currently, so i'll just stop wondering why they make it so hard

• Love 1