Greg Muccerino

You can't currently upload video directly to Alamy. It used to be possible some years ago but they stopped accepting footage and the collection went static.

However, a few months back they started acting as a distributor for Pond5 and advertising this on the home page. So if you want to get video onto Alamy you would need to upload it to Pond5 but it seems that it is a random process as to whether your video actually ends up on Alamy or not. There are a few other threads on the forum about this (started late June or early July). 

Given that Alamy is not really known for video it would seem  to be a sideline at present and  I would imagine that it would be difficult to make sales. As far as I am aware, Alamy themselves appear to have been strangely silent about all of this, as if it is not happening, apart from video appearing on the gome page so it is basic guesswork as to their plans. I don't think there is anything about supplying video on the website, nor have they commented on the forum to my knowledge. It would be great to hear something from the horses's mouth. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MDM said:

You can't currently upload video directly to Alamy. It used to be possible some years ago but they stopped accepting footage and the collection went static.

However, a few months back they started acting as a distributor for Pond5 and advertising this on the home page. So if you want to get video onto Alamy you would need to upload it to Pond5 but it seems that it is a random process as to whether your video actually ends up on Alamy or not. There are a few other threads on the forum about this (started late June or early July). 

Given that Alamy is not really known for video it would seem  to be a sideline at present and  I would imagine that it would be difficult to make sales. As far as I am aware, Alamy themselves appear to have been strangely silent about all of this, as if it is not happening, apart from video appearing on the gome page so it is basic guesswork as to their plans. I don't think there is anything about supplying video on the website, nor have they commented on the forum to my knowledge. It would be great to hear something from the horses's mouth. 

Thanks for replaying!!