Flower ID please

SFL

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Sung.

What you have there is one of the many members of the umbellifer or carrot family, although, because one of the petals of the individual flowers is larger than the others, I would go for Cow Parsnip ( heracleum sphondylium ), also known as Hogweed.

Hope that gives you somewhere to start.

Brian.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brizbee said:

Hi Sung.

What you have there is one of the many members of the umbellifer or carrot family, although, because one of the petals of the individual flowers is larger than the others, I would go for Cow Parsnip ( heracleum sphondylium ), also known as Hogweed.

Hope that gives you somewhere to start.

Brian.

Hi Brian

Thank you so much for your help.  Much appreciated.  👍

You must be a botanist.  Great knowledge.

Sung

Edited by SFL

I agree that it's in the family Brizbee mentions. It's almost impossible to give a definite ID based on this image alone. To be sure you'd need to know the size of the flowers and time and location of flowering. By location I mean both geographical location and soil conditions eg acid/alkaline we/dry sunny/shady. Even more importantly the foliage needs to be examined.