How do I remove an image?

PatsyCollins

Question

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, PatsyCollins said:

It's been pointed out that one of my images isn't sharp. I agree, despite it having passed QC. How can I remove it from my portfolio / take it off sale?

Go to Alamy Image Manager, optional, go right down to the bottom right and there is a delete button.

The image stays on sale for 6 months though after marking for deletion.

John.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PatsyCollins said:

It's been pointed out that one of my images isn't sharp. I agree, despite it having passed QC. How can I remove it from my portfolio / take it off sale?

Always be aware that Alamy only checks a sample of any submision made. They expect each contributor to strictly QC their own submissions and Alamy just examine a small sample this to make sure the contributor is doing this. Most images in any given portfolio have never been looked at by Alamy QC at all. 

This method of working trips up a lot of new contributors here, especially those who have moved over from microstock sites where all images are checked before acceptance.

Also be aware that Alamy only checks for technical quality. Again, operating in a different way to the microstock sites, they make no check of the subject or content of images, nor do they ask you to actually supply any model or property releases - only to confirm that you have them available. This means that the contributor needs to be aware of the potential for infringing IP or copyright, as well as rights to publish images from some locations and of certain people. The responsibility for managing all this restsfirmly with the contributor, and as of July 24th next, these responsibilities are stated explicitly in the new contributor contract.

With the range of subjetcs you are undertaking at present, none of this is likely to concern you, but we aware of it if you plan to spread your wing into other subject areas.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1