No Share Button in ipad

Sas

Question

I upload using desktop pc obviously, but I often work from iPad for keyword ing as often I’m away from house.

i wanted to share an image on social media but there is no share button under the image when viewed in iPad.  Also when I am on desktop pc and share an image on Twitter, for example, the image is zoomed so you only see part of the image.  I’m not very techy.  Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution to either of these issues or is it just one of those things?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I don't see a share button with any of the browsers on either a Mac, a Windows machine, or an iPad while looking at my Image Manager portfolio.  You can link to a location, but the file isn't being uploaded to Twitter but hot linked between there and Alamy.   The size generally shared  is the thumbnail size if you're using the browser menu (mouse right click on image and look for "save image location).   I use Firefox as Google's Chrome has too many tentacles for me.   My guess is that this is a feature of your browser rather than a feature of Alamy's software. 

I'd not noticed it before but for me I agree, the 'Share' options for Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest are absent when looking at an image on the main Alamy site on an Ipad, no idea why that would be, it may well be worth asking contributors@alamy.com.  However on a desktop PC (using Chrome in my case) the link generated by choosing the Twitter 'share' option opens at the normal size for me, I'm not sure what might be going wrong for you. For instance I get this for one of your images and that link opens full size on my desktop PC (deliberately opted not to insert into the post as a link incidentally). I suppose the next question is where are you opening the link so that you only see a part of it?

Stock Photo - A single peachy orange and purple viola flower standing out from a clump of out of focus or blurred viola flowers. With empty space

https://www.alamy.com/a-single-peachy-orange-and-purple-viola-flower-standing-out-from-a-clump-of-out-of-focus-or-blurred-viola-flowers-with-empty-space-image414730914.html

Nice image by the way.