not on sale

Heilman Photography

Question

I had a batch of images pass QC several days ago so I tagged them all. They showed as "for sale" in the AIM. Today when I go to the AIM to download another batch the last batch now show "not for sale" WTH Now what? I am on a metered satellite internet connection and simply do not have enough monthly data to have to do things twice, not to mention the time involved. 

3 answers to this question

Sometime, the database is slow to update.   Check briefly to see if your captions and keywords are still there.   If they are, they will be on sale when the database is updated.  Go ahead with your new photos that have passed QC.  

If you have a metered connection, and if you use LightRoom, you can caption and keyword before you upload which would be more sparing of your bandwidth.   I believe there are other ways to do this in other programs but don't know those.  The Caption field is in the Metadata tab at the bottom of the Library section.  Keywords are the same as tags.   Other users do this, I believe, in PhotoMechanic and possibly other programs.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, MizBrown said:

Sometime, the database is slow to update.   Check briefly to see if your captions and keywords are still there.   If they are, they will be on sale when the database is updated.  Go ahead with your new photos that have passed QC.  

If you have a metered connection, and if you use LightRoom, you can caption and keyword before you upload which would be more sparing of your bandwidth.   I believe there are other ways to do this in other programs but don't know those.  The Caption field is in the Metadata tab at the bottom of the Library section.  Keywords are the same as tags.   Other users do this, I believe, in PhotoMechanic and possibly other programs.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Heilman Photography said:

I had a batch of images pass QC several days ago so I tagged them all. They showed as "for sale" in the AIM. Today when I go to the AIM to download another batch the last batch now show "not for sale" WTH Now what? I am on a metered satellite internet connection and simply do not have enough monthly data to have to do things twice, not to mention the time involved. 

if you want to save data, you can do you captioning and KW before upload, and image will go for sale automatically after QC,  it would still miss some of the optional stuff, but that doesn't affect the sale-ability of the image, just do that at your convenience   

• Love 1