Hello! Photographer looking to connect with other creatives and make passive income

MrsAshleyMobley

Hello! My name is Ashley and I've been a professional photographer for over 10 years. I mostly shoot weddings and senior portraits but have also done boudoir, headshots, small business photos, and family portraits. I love to travel and take photos of nature and landscapes! 

I'm excited to join this community for a couple of reasons. I'd love to connect with other creatives! And I would love to make passive income. I'm trying to diversify our income streams and selling photos online seemed like a natural extension of what I already do, so a good place to start!

Thanks for having me. Looking forward to profitable experiences (in more ways than one) here!

You don't say what country you're in, but many don't consider stock photography to be "passive income." And judging by the amount of work we have to do in terms of keywording, captioning and keeping our files current, not many stock photographers would consider it passive either.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Hi Ashley,

Welcome to stock photography! There's a lot of threads in the Forum about keywording and captions - it's a good idea to start off with getting these right from the start so you don't have to go back later and change several hundred or thousand images.

Good luck,

Steve

I'm not sure there is any genuinely passive income, even investments need an eye kept on them. One thing is for sure, stock photography certainly isn't it, and becomes less so year on year as the effort to just stand still  increases.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Hi Ashley, 

As hinted above its not all gold and glitter in the world of stock but i'm assuming you're aware of all that shenanigans.  Anyway welcome to the friendly and honest community that is Alamy. 

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. 

Jay