'picture needs' needs update

Jan

When looking through the many picture needs, I notice that some needs are old and very old. I cannot imagine that the searched images are still wanted.  Because there are so many images mentioned it would be advisable to clean it once in a while.

• Love 1

On 13/11/2020 at 21:26, Jan said:

When looking through the many picture needs, I notice that some needs are old and very old. I cannot imagine that the searched images are still wanted.  Because there are so many images mentioned it would be advisable to clean it once in a while.

Or at least give the date the need was posted.

And indeed something to let us know if the keeper of that list thinks the subject has been sufficiently covered.  And in a way he/she envisaged.

wim

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

And please ask the intern who posts the picture needs to use Google. (And maybe even Wikipedia or Tripadvisor too.)

The most recent picture need at the moment:

Chef, Moshik Roth Images of him or his restaurant in Amsterdam called &Moshik.
I may well have images from the restaurant, because we went there once or twice. Also when it was still called &Samhoud Places. (A fine 2 Michelin Star restaurant with 2 weird names in a weird place.)
However it went bankrupt half a year ago.
Google reveals: Permanently closed.
Tripadvisor says: CLOSED.
Wikipedia tells us: It closed down in May 2020 when the corona-crisis forced it into bankruptcy.
(Most people here think it wasn't doing too well to begin with, yearly losing EUR 800,000.)

There have been 2 searches for Moshik Roth in the rolling year. Probably by other interns who missed the demise.
Now it could be that the researcher was looking for an image of chef Roth for some other reason than his restaurant. But the writer of the picture needs added that bit about the restaurant - or his restaurant in Amsterdam called &Moshik - while it was not included in the searches. So he/she may well have other information than the searches from AoA. Who knows.

wim

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This always bugs me, I never use the Picture needs anymore as it is always the same old stuff.  A couple of times I specifically addressed items on the picture needs, ticked it, and alerted Alamy, but heard nothing and never sold a pic for the subject.  It was usually some of the more basic listings , boring items, but I'd take many photos of the item in various situations. Clearly it was no longer needed or just wasn't what they wanted; some more hints to the setting would be nice.

Also, for places, or locations, would be great to include the Town, County, or at least the Country, to help searches.