add profile picture

cherialguire

Question

8 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, cherialguire said:

Anybody have advise?

When I go to my portfolio page, there is a small button edit image in the area for the profile picture. When I click that, it says upload new photo and goes to the file browser on my computer.

What is it that's not working in your case?

wim

On  your Alamy dashboard page, click on "Your Alamy Portfolio Page", then click "Go do your Alamy portfolio page", then click "Edit Image" inside the circular area where your profile picture will appear.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

On 08/11/2020 at 19:59, Jay D said:

On the discussion with portfolios, i was looking at others out of interest yet can't see any header photos or details. How do i do this? 

Good question. No answer I'm afraid, other than: ask every member.

Initially when this was a new feature, some of us posted the link to our portfolios here.

When you click on the small blue number to the left here (yours is showing 322 at the moment, mine is 2605) that will show a contributors complete collection, with the newest first, regardless of pseudonyms. While the portfolio will usually start with a curated page, my portfolio is set up a bit differently: it starts up with the same order as the blue number, and there's a second tab for a small showcase portfolio. Usually it's the other way around, with the last tab for the complete collection.

If a portfolio starts up with small thumbnails, that's because of the page setting for thumbnails. If yours is set up for large thumbs, but the portfolio starts up with small thumbs, go to the next page and come back to the first page. That way it will know it has to show large thumbs. It's a weird bug that probably only affects people that are logged in contributors.

wim

Edited by wiskerke
edit: link
  • Love 1

Hi Wim - Ah so it's only a recent thing. I've looked at other more developed portfolios from experienced Alamy photographers including yours. And wondered why the top section is never visible wondering is it only for client browsing our portfolio. " Welcome to [Contributor Name] profile page on Alamy " ..... Is the area that confuses me ( not a hard thing ), not entirely sure if other have a written in this area describing themselves or work. My name is already written above and for me that's enough but in public view it still shows this line...So its possibly better to use it than leave that text which doesn't seem to go away...am i over thinking this? Probably. 

P.s Appreciate your reply. 

Edited by Jay D