Third image sale and a question

Patrick Cooper

Question

So not too long ago, I made my third sale on Alamy. The photo in question sold for $15. Though I'm assuming that this is the total amount that the buyer paid for, excluding any commissions? Ive been looking around my dashboard but I cannot find what my share of the amount is. I admit I'm not that familiar with the Alamy site interface because I'm not often here due to sales being so rare. 

4 answers to this question

Go to your Dashboard and then Account Balance. I just noticed something new to me. If you go to My Account on the homepage there is a choice to go right to the Account Balance. I'd advise looking at the Dashboard. Lots of good information there.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

Thank you for directing me to the Account Balance. Though even there, things aren't entirely clear. Regarding that latest sale, there is an Alamy Distribution Commission of 30% and a Distributor Commission of 40%. I know almost nothing about distributor / distribution commissions. 

There's also a 2019 DACS payment. What would that be? I can't see any image sale associated with that. 

Distributors are third-party agents who sell images on behalf of Alamy. They take a cut, then Alamy takes a cut, and you get what is left. You can opt out of the distribution scheme in April, which would mean you get a bigger cut, but would only get sales where buyers have gone directly to Alamy.

DACS is a payment for incidental use of published images via photocopying etc. It is an estimate of unreported uses, and you could claim direct if you have details of where your images were published. Unless you opt out, Alamy will automatically claim on your behalf and again take a cut.

• Love 1