Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
geogphotos

Trans Sahara '65 - dirty old Agfachrome

Recommended Posts

A series of old Agfa slides many really mucky showing a trip by landcover across the Sahara from north Africa to Central African Republic in 1965.

 

https://geographyphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery/Tim-and-Carole-Brown-trans-Sahara/G0000h99qFiri4Zc/C0000M.PH.sdzN2M

 

Don't think I have enough years left to clean these up! 

 

What do you reckon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

A series of old Agfa slides many really mucky showing a trip by landcover across the Sahara from north Africa to Central African Republic in 1965.

 

https://geographyphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery/Tim-and-Carole-Brown-trans-Sahara/G0000h99qFiri4Zc/C0000M.PH.sdzN2M

 

Don't think I have enough years left to clean these up! 

 

What do you reckon?

A lot of that soft-edged stuff is fungus, unfortunately. It can also look like plant roots or lightning. My 70s Agfachromes are fine but some of my Super-8 film (same emulsion AFAIK) has it. Unlike on lenses it's not removeable. But on archive it may not matter too much, depending on the competition. I mention it just so you don't waste time trying to "clean" it off.

Fungus aside I think they're pretty interesting and worth the effort.

As an example- no. 20- I think most of the stuff in the sky is fungus. No. 24, the underexposed one- that's fungus rampant.

I would probably anti-static brush and rocket blow the best and rescan and do the spotting in LR or whatever.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

A lot of that soft-edged stuff is fungus, unfortunately. It can also look like plant roots or lightning. My 70s Agfachromes are fine but some of my Super-8 film (same emulsion AFAIK) has it. Unlike on lenses it's not removeable. But on archive it may not matter too much, depending on the competition. I mention it just so you don't waste time trying to "clean" it off.

Fungus aside I think they're pretty interesting and worth the effort.

As an example- no. 20- I think most of the stuff in the sky is fungus. No. 24, the underexposed one- that's fungus rampant.

I would probably anti-static brush and rocket blow the best and rescan and do the spotting in LR or whatever.

 

 

You mentioned film.

 

Is this beauty any use or worth anything?

 

I0000U3ONuC11gTI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working, something but not much. It's serviceable but not a top brand, so probably hardly worth the effort packing-up to sell it on ebay. More in Europe apparently- they always were keener on Super-8

https://www.filmwebshop.nl/a-59626374/filmprojectoren/nr-7092-prachtige-raynox-sound-1010-projector-voor-super-8-film-halogeenlamp-100w-240-meter-spoelen-electronisch-aangestuurde-motor-een-zeer-degelijke-en-zware-projector-heeft-onderhoudsbeurt-gehad-en-werkt-goed/#description

I would hang on to it in case you ever come across any Super-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Working, something but not much. It's serviceable but not a top brand, so probably hardly worth the effort packing-up to sell it on ebay. More in Europe apparently- they always were keener on Super-8

https://www.filmwebshop.nl/a-59626374/filmprojectoren/nr-7092-prachtige-raynox-sound-1010-projector-voor-super-8-film-halogeenlamp-100w-240-meter-spoelen-electronisch-aangestuurde-motor-een-zeer-degelijke-en-zware-projector-heeft-onderhoudsbeurt-gehad-en-werkt-goed/#description

I would hang on to it in case you ever come across any Super-8.

 

Okay thanks. I've bunged it on Ebay.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.