PayPal question for Canadians

I just switched to PayPal from direct wire transfer to my bank account, and I'm wondering how long it usually takes for Alamy payments to show up in Canadian Paypal accounts. Wire transfers were speedy, but the new US$20.50 ($15 bank charge + $5.50 Alamy charge)  that I would have had to start forking over seemed a bit excessive. I received an e-mail from Alamy today saying that I've been paid, but nothing has arrived in PP yet.

Thank you / Merci beaucoup

John

You will get an email from paypal in about five days saying that the money is there. No need to sweat yet.

Col

Thanks. Not sweating, just broke as usual. As mentioned, wire transfers were fast. The whole process -- Alamy to bank account -- usually took less than 48 hours. So five days, then another 2-3 days to transfer from PP seems like a long time in comparison. Oh well.

I received mine on 8 November, Ireland

Thanks, luck of the Irish, I guess.

I'm still waiting. Have e-mailed both Alamy and PayPal for an update. Funds usually show up in my PP account within 2-4 days from other (USA-based) payers, so I'm a bit concerned.

Archived