Need help, what plants are these? > <''

rickygui

Question

4 answers to this question

The second picture looks most close to Indian plant "Tulsi". In india it is considered a sacred plant and it is worshipped. It has many medicinal properties. Is there any other picture with leaves more clear? I

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MizBrown said:

Dwarf Egyptian papyrus looks the closest to the first picture. 

I'll agree with you on that one, Rebecca.  My first thoughts were either an Allium like schubertii or 'Spider' in green but I soon ruled that one out.  Then you came out with your possible ID and it was obvious.  Cyperus haspan.  I've seen but not tried this so I'm not sure if it's the C.haspen viviparus form which is propgated from the new growths on the end of the spokes of the flower head,

6 hours ago, poojaravi said:

The second picture looks most close to Indian plant "Tulsi". In india it is considered a sacred plant and it is worshipped. It has many medicinal properties. Is there any other picture with leaves more clear? I

Interesting.  I'd narrowed it down to Lamiaceae and was looking at Plectranthus but couldn't find a match.  The joys of living in a cool temperate climate where these things are greenhouse plants so space stops us growing very many of them outside.  Definately worth looking at Ocimum sanctum to see if it matches..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, poojaravi said:

Both images were shot outdoor, to be specific is at Taiwan. The first shot was on a mountainous area, as for the second was captured at a park. Hope the geography location helps a bit more. Thanks everyone for making the effort to look at it.