PayPal payment error question

John Mitchell

Question

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. Last month I had to change the primary e-mail address on my PayPal account. Unfortunately, I forgot to change my banking details on Alamy as well (DOH!). As a result, it doesn't look as if my June 1st Alamy payment has gone through to PayPal. I've now updated my "invalid payment details" on Alamy, adding the new PP e-mail address. Does anyone know how Alamy resolves thus type of issue? Will they now automatically re-initiate the payment process? Or am I screwed? 🙁

P.S. I e-mailed Alamy contributors about my error, but it doesn't sound as if they are able to answer questions at the moment due to the pandemic.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by John Mitchell

3 answers to this question

I did the same thing when I changed my email address. On enquiring with Alamy they told me that I needed to change the address in my financial details too.

They said that if PP can't get the payment to the correct address it will be returned to Alamy and they will resend it in the next payment period.

Allan

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I did the same thing when I changed my email address. On enquiring with Alamy they told me that I needed to change the address in my financial details too.

They said that if PP can't get the payment to the correct address it will be returned to Alamy and they will resend it in the next payment period.

Allan

Thanks for the info, Allan. No word back from Alamy, but I see that the "Invalid payment details" link has now disappeared from my "Account balance" page, which is hopefully a good sign. I have a decent -- and needed -- payout coming for June, so it's a bit of a bummer. Happy to hear that you were able to solve your address problem. It's too bad that PayPal doesn't contact us when this sort of thing happens.

Just a note to say that Alamy has gotten back to me about this. Hopefully, the situation is resolved now. They told me that my June payment will be sent during the next pay-run.

Moral of the story: always remember to update your Alamy payment details if you make any changes at Paypal, your bank, etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 1