Discoverability issues

ormerod

Question

Hello,

I need some help with tags / discoverability and how they work. I have 165 good discoverability images and 951 poor discoverability images. If I do a search, the low discoverability images do not appear.

Obviously I want all images to have good discoverability and don't understand what I am doing wrong, I see no difference between tags used on the two group of images.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

As I understand it...you need 50 tags and 10 of those as super tags and a caption.....then the discoverability bar should be green right across.

i always fill in the optional fields too....they might not be used by the search engine....but if not now maybe they will be later.

The general consensus is that discoverability is at best harmless and at worst an actual detriment to rank if it encourages the inclusion of marginally relevant tags.

Only a quarter of my images have "good discoverability" and since it only kicks in at about 45 tags there are unlikely to be many more. I have done precisely nothing about it because it doesn't seem to impact on sales in the slightest. Few of my images have more than 35.

Edited by spacecadet

agree with what has already been said, just want to mention, I looked at your two images with the oak panelling, you do not use the words 'wood or wooden' you may want to include them and lottery has two t's not the one you have. 

Jenny