"Processing...' duplicating images after upload and then never completes

Tony ALS

Question

Good afternoon all and I hope everyone is coping during this strange time we are living through. I have been going through my back catalogue of images and have for the first time had a problem when uploading. Images appear to duplicate once they are in the 'Processing...' stage (7 images uploaded became 10) and then never seem to progress (this is at least 4 hours now). I have split the images into separate uploads and four have got past the processing stage and are now in QC. The other three repeated the same duplication and are still stuck there. I did a quick search here first but couldn't find any info and I've emailed Alamy but given the current problems I don't expect a quick reply. If anyone knows why this might happen then please let me know what I am missing. Many thanks in advance. Tony

3 answers to this question

Thanks for replying Sally. I'll keep an eye on the situation. Does seem strange and disappearing images sounds equally disconcerting. In the general scheme of things minor issues but it's good to be able to get feedback. Thanks again.

Seems it's just a case of it all working very slowly at the moment as images are gradually converting from "Processing...' to Image in QC. I'll need to clean up the duplicates and learn to be more patient!

14 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

Seems it's just a case of it all working very slowly at the moment as images are gradually converting from "Processing...' to Image in QC. I'll need to clean up the duplicates and learn to be more patient!

Even computer systems are having to abide by the Covid-19 regulations and have furloughed some of their memory.😔

Allan