Upgrade iMac from OS High Sierra to OS Mojave

I finally decided, with more time in hand during lockdown, to upgrade OS High Sierra to OS Mojave.

I am wondering if there are any compatability issues with (ageing) apps, in particular CS6 and Lightroom 6.

I would appreciate your experiences in this regards.

Many thanks in advance.

Sung

6 hours ago, SFL said:

I finally decided, with more time in hand during lockdown, to upgrade OS High Sierra to OS Mojave.

I am wondering if there are any compatability issues with (ageing) apps, in particular CS6 and Lightroom 6.

I would appreciate your experiences in this regards.

Many thanks in advance.

Sung

If you've got a clone disk, then you could try booting from it and then upgrading it to Mojave and seeing what works? I tried Mojave very briefly but decided that it didn't have any new features that warranted the upgrade since Dark mode didn't work well with some of my apps and light mode no longer allowed the dock and menus to be dark. So I reverted back to High Sierra.

Mark

• Like 1

A part of the reason to update was that my iPhone runs on iOS13 (latest) and that lately my phone started not syncing properly with my iMac.  

So I thought running more recent OS on iMac might solve this issue with iPhone.  

Sung

It should only be "Reminders" app that fails to synch. Well documented and apparently still an issue despite upgrade. Worth checking Apple forums before committing to an OS X upgrade that may create more issues. 

Just my 2 cents

Edited by ReeRay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ReeRay said:

It should only be "Reminders" app that fails to synch. Well documented and apparently still an issue despite upgrade. Worth checking Apple forums before committing to an OS X upgrade that may create more issues. 

Just my 2 cents

+1

Mark

21 hours ago, ReeRay said:

Just my 2 cents

Very sensible suggestion.  Certainly I need to investigate further.

Thanks

Sung

• Love 1