Peter Harvey

GPS not showing

Question

I have uploaded photos with GPS coordinates. This does not appear in the optional data panel.

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Peter Harvey said:

I have uploaded photos with GPS coordinates. This does not appear in the optional data panel.

GPS co-ordinates are not supported (AFAIK), the location field is for you to type in a place/country i.e. London, United Kingdom

53 minutes ago, David Pimborough said:

GPS co-ordinates are not supported (AFAIK), the location field is for you to type in a place/country i.e. London, United Kingdom

They are (or were; I no longer have a GPS-equipped camera).

1 hour ago, Peter Harvey said:

When I had, my uploads had the AIM location filed populated automatically. Could you be stripping out the metadata on export?

At one time when you filled in a location it automatically threw up Google Maps showing the location but that stopped when Google hiked up the price for access.  Maybe this is why it doesn't work anymore.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/features/google-maps-apis-new-pricing-impact-1907242

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

At one time when you filled in a location it automatically threw up Google Maps showing the location but that stopped when Google hiked up the price for access.  Maybe this is why it doesn't work anymore.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/features/google-maps-apis-new-pricing-impact-1907242

You're right.

I've just uploaded one of my old GPS-annotated images. I double-checked that the LR export had the GPS in the metadata. I have 5* QC, so it went straight through to AIM.

The location field is empty.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

Thanks to all. The Alamy info say somewhere that it is automatic.