How long can a sale take to register? + further info?

Cheese Scientist

Question

Apols if this is an overly asked question.

I saw one of my pics in a national newspaper a couple of weeks ago now and it's still not registering as a sale.

I know that there will be special deals between Alamy and newspapers but what's the normal time I would expect for it to come up as a sale on my list, and at what point should I contact Alamy to chase?

While I'm at it, is there any way to see further details for how a photo is used. For example, one was used by a television channel so I'd love to know if it made it into a specific programme?

Thanks guys

CS

6 answers to this question

Months is possible. I sold two photos to a national uk newspaper, the sale registering here on 5/3/19.  They were some of the earliest photos I had sold on here so I was very pleased. They had been published on 17/10/18. I discovered that in March 2019 by googling my name and 'photo'.  This is a long game which requires patience. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, zxzoomy said:

Months is possible. I sold two photos to a national uk newspaper, the sale registering here on 5/3/19.  They were some of the earliest photos I had sold on here so I was very pleased. They had been published on 17/10/18. I discovered that in March 2019 by googling my name and 'photo'.  This is a long game which requires patience. 

I don't understand why it should take so long but I guess if there's no risk that the sale would 'not' be recorded, then it's not an issue?

Alamy asks that we wait three months before contacting them to see why a sale hasn't registered. I usually wait four. It is generally the newspapers that take a very long time. It is my understanding that they report usages to Alamy once a month.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Sadly, the newspapers are paying the smallest fees these days. I did get a good fee from the Wall Street Journal but my Uk ones have only been about $7.50 with one recent one being $15.50.

Paulette

• Love 2