Travel Tripods ?

CAROL SAUNDERS

Question

9 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Many thanks Michael, is it the road trip version you have? think that's the one I've been looking at although also the other link I used above was also aluminium not CF, so will check this out.  Do you think it's sturdy enough to take a 24-70mm 2.8.  I have also watched the video from your link and it certainly looks impressive.

Thanks also to Harry Harrison and MizBrown for the info on plates and grips.  I need to go through what I have already as I know I have some plates somewhere 😉

Carol

Mine is currently packed away in my car but will try to get a look at it sometime today.  I pretty certain it is the aluminium version of the Road Trip.  One leg has a foam pad so your hands don't freeze holding it in cold weather...that was useful yesterday as it was close to freezing out.  I think it would be fine with the 24-70 2.8 lens....you just have to make sure you really tighten down the ball head knobs. 

Many thanks Michael - well so far I've managed to find several quick release plates together with a Manfrotto 322 RC2 - can't remember the last time I used this but from what I remember the quick release plates never lasted very long, probably the reason why I've found several 😲

Carol