How to insert images in posts

Happy New Year, everyone!

I want to include some image in a post but without success (not Alamy images, but any random images).  

I tried 'drag and drop'.  It doesn't work.  I use a iMac (High Sierra).

Is it no longer possible?  Any other way without using 'insert images from URL' option?

Sung

Edited by SFL
Changed the title

Sung, as far as I know we’ve never been able to insert any image other than what is on Alamy. Only Alamy images. The insert and drag and drop works on Alamy images.

Alamy’s servers would bog down if we could put random images on. It would become similar to a social media site.

Betty

Hi Betty. I get your point. In fact admittedly I was thinking about ‘Old Forum’. I am certain we used to be able to insert non-Alamy pictures, didn’t we?

I wanted to write a post with some graphs but couldn’t figure out how. Hence I asked. Now I know I can’t. 
Anyway thank you for your reply. Happy New Year! 
Sung

2 minutes ago, SFL said:

Hi Betty. I get your point. In fact admittedly I was thinking about ‘Old Forum’. I am certain we used to be able to insert non-Alamy pictures, didn’t we?

I wanted to write a post with some graphs but couldn’t figure out how. Hence I asked. Now I know I can’t. 
Anyway thank you for your reply. Happy New Year! 
Sung

If the image/graph you want to include is already on-line, then you can simply use the "Insert other media" option and use "Insert image from existing URL" and copy and paste the URL.

If the image isn't online then upload it (to a free image hosting site like https://postimages.org for example) and then copy the URL from there. Not as easy as drag and drop, but it works fine.

Mark

1 minute ago, M.Chapman said:

If the image/graph you want to include is already on-line, then you can simply use the "Insert other media" option and use "Insert image from existing URL" and copy and paste the URL.

If the image isn't online then upload it (to a free image hosting site like https://postimages.org for example) and then copy the URL from there. Not as easy as drag and drop, but it works fine.

Mark

Oh, I see.  Thanks Mark.  Happy New Year!

Sung