Major bug in the latest Lightroom Classic 9

Just received an email from LRTimelapse....

"Adobe seems to have introduced a severe bug with the new Lightroom Classic 9 which was released earlier this week. This bug concerns custom export plugins, like LRTExport.

Basically Lightroom 9 ignores any custom export settings that 3rd party export modules set and instead always exports in JPG with default settings, no matter what the Plugin says. That means, if you choose any of the TIFF settings in LRTExport, you will get JPG files, named as TIFF, but still JPG files, which will make the Renderer fail."

I'm not sure if this will affect Alamy Bridge users (I don't use it).

More info....

https://lrtimelapse.com/?na=v&nk=12868-61790c1b72&id=37

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-tiff-export-gives-jpeg-files-with-tif-extension-with-lightroom-9?pid=44093#pid44093

Edited by Vincent Lowe

This only relates to that 3rd party plugin (and maybe other plugins?). Lightroom Classic 9 is behaving as normal in relation to exports. So not a bug for anyone not using the plugins.

2 minutes ago, MDM said:

This only relates to that 3rd party plugin (and maybe other plugins?). Lightroom Classic 9 is behaving as normal in relation to exports. So not a bug for anyone not using the plugins.

Yes, I realise that but I think the Alamy Bridge plug-in uses the Export function.  I tried it a while ago and I seem to remember it does, that's why I flagged it up.  The point being that it will export jpegs as low res, regardless of what the plug-in says.

13 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Yes, I realise that but I think the Alamy Bridge plug-in uses the Export function.  I tried it a while ago and I seem to remember it does, that's why I flagged it up.  The point being that it will export jpegs as low res, regardless of what the plug-in says.

It was the rather alarming headline that grabbed my attention: Major bug in the latest Lightroom Classic 9 which made it seem that there was a major bug in Lightroom itself rather than in 3rd party plugins.