not on sale ?

Don Jester

Question

Right now I am just getting started, but I want to know how I get an image into the "on sale" at any level of discoverability status. I have checked all the boxes, added captions and keywords, put my info in, etc., etc., yet my images all say "NOT ON SALE".  This has nothing to do with me MAKING a sale yet, only the required 3 passed images posted, but I have thousands in my computer to potentially post if/when I can get ANY image into some sort of "FOR SALE" status.

4 answers to this question

On 29/10/2019 at 17:02, Don Jester said:

Right now I am just getting started, but I want to know how I get an image into the "on sale" at any level of discoverability status. I have checked all the boxes, added captions and keywords, put my info in, etc., etc., yet my images all say "NOT ON SALE".  This has nothing to do with me MAKING a sale yet, only the required 3 passed images posted, but I have thousands in my computer to potentially post if/when I can get ANY image into some sort of "FOR SALE" status.

Have you seen the instructions and videos mentioned here?

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/7028-instructions-help-video-and-links-for-new-alamy-image-manager/

Mark

• Like 1

On 29/10/2019 at 17:02, Don Jester said:

Hi Don. After you've added a caption and at least 5 tags, that's all you need to do before the images in the Image Manager show as "For Sale" (although they won't be, as said by others, until the database has updated). So it sounds like you haven't reached that point yet for some reason. Is the "License Type" set to Rights Managed or Royalty Free? I have a default set for that but it should default to Royalty Free unless you change it. Have you clicked the Save button at the bottom? If you select one of those images again now, and you see at least 5 tags and a caption but it still shows as "Not on sale"......then I'm stuck with what else to suggest.

On 31/10/2019 at 06:11, Cove Images said:

Hi Don. After you've added a caption and at least 5 tags, that's all you need to do before the images in the Image Manager show as "For Sale" (although they won't be, as said by others, until the database has updated). So it sounds like you haven't reached that point yet for some reason. Is the "License Type" set to Rights Managed or Royalty Free? I have a default set for that but it should default to Royalty Free unless you change it. Have you clicked the Save button at the bottom? If you select one of those images again now, and you see at least 5 tags and a caption but it still shows as "Not on sale"......then I'm stuck with what else to suggest.

THANKS!! I think the problem is that I do not have enough tags on them. Will correct that.