Photo in publication but no sale shown.

A recent AA walks publication includes photos from Alamy contributors, including one of mine. The sale has never shown up in my account (the publication has been out for months, so it must be quite a while since it was uploaded to AA). I’ve sent a few emails to chase it up, and the only answer I am getting is “it’s with the accounts dept”.  The only reason I know about the sale was because a friend bought the book and spotted my name as a contributor to the photography. I do understand that payment can be delayed for various reasons (not that it should be), but can anyone explain why it hasn’t appeared in my sales once downloaded from Alamy? It makes me wonder if our images are being used without knowledge or payment. 

Same happened to me. A photo of mine I discovered by chance a couple of weeks ago was published by the Guardian last January (!) and that sale is not reported yet into my account. Wrote Alamy for explanations and their answer was: 

Some of our key customers can download hi-res images before they commit to a license so they can try them in layouts or access hi-res out of normal business hours. We keep a log of all images downloaded and send reports to all of these customers. It is rare, but some uses may get missed but we will always chase it up.

🤔🤨

Stefano

Travel Photographer

Had this happen in the past. It took time but Alamy did follow it up and I was paid. Slightly irritated by the size of the fee, so no extra payment for not declaring the purchase, but I guess honest mistakes do get made, and it doesn't do to upset your customers.

8 hours ago, ROC said:

A recent AA walks publication includes photos from Alamy contributors, including one of mine. The sale has never shown up in my account (the publication has been out for months, so it must be quite a while since it was uploaded to AA). I’ve sent a few emails to chase it up, and the only answer I am getting is “it’s with the accounts dept”.  The only reason I know about the sale was because a friend bought the book and spotted my name as a contributor to the photography. I do understand that payment can be delayed for various reasons (not that it should be), but can anyone explain why it hasn’t appeared in my sales once downloaded from Alamy? It makes me wonder if our images are being used without knowledge or payment. 

Did the AA say “it’s with the accounts dept” or was it Alamy?

Stefano - I got the exact wording in an email sent to me. AA can download high res pics before committing etc. It was Alamy who told me their accounts dept are chasing it up. But since then there has been no updates, and Alamy won’t tell me the date my image was downloaded. There are 10 Alamy contributors who have images in the “50 Walks in the Yorkshire Dales” book, so I imagine there are roughly the same number in each of AA walk book publications, presumably all in the same position as me.