FTP problem...

xphi

Question

Hello, I'm new (I'm french) on Alamy and I have a problem with FTP. I transfer via Filezilla usually and I have no problem to transfer files with other microstock site but with Alamy no. I have yet upload.alamy.com in host, my email in username and password. I am told: "The credentials contain non-ASCII characters and the server may not support UTF-8." Using the local character set "," 530 Login authentication failed
Critical error: Can not connect to server "
I do not understand, can someone help me? I also try to transfer via Xpiks (to transfer to multiple stock at once) but Alamy again refuses to work so that does not seem to come from filezilla. Thank you very much.

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, xphi said:

Hello, I'm new (I'm french) on Alamy and I have a problem with FTP. I transfer via Filezilla usually and I have no problem to transfer files with other microstock site but with Alamy no. I have yet upload.alamy.com in host, my email in username and password. I am told: "The credentials contain non-ASCII characters and the server may not support UTF-8." Using the local character set "," 530 Login authentication failed
Critical error: Can not connect to server "
I do not understand, can someone help me? I also try to transfer via Xpiks (to transfer to multiple stock at once) but Alamy again refuses to work so that does not seem to come from filezilla. Thank you very much.

Salut - I'm wondering if (for some reason) there are French characters appearing in the sign in boxes (?) If you use successfully on other sites that shouldn't be an issue, but it was a thought. 

Filezilla do have a troubleshooting page. I did have a problem at the beginning (though I can't remember why), and the trouble shooting page, though a little laborious to wade through, was helpful.

Filezilla has had two upgrades within a short space of time. Again if you are using Filezilla a lot you will know that, but, just in case you haven't upgraded, perhaps that is causing a problem .... 

Just my two cents (for whatever thats worth ... )

Je vous souhaite bonne chance.

Si j'ai les autres idées/pensées, je les afficherai ... 

Edited by BidC
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, BidC said:

Salut - I'm wondering if (for some reason) there are French characters appearing in the sign in boxes (?) If you use successfully on other sites that shouldn't be an issue, but it was a thought. 

Filezilla do have a troubleshooting page. I did have a problem at the beginning (though I can't remember why), and the trouble shooting page, though a little laborious to wade through, was helpful.

Filezilla has had two upgrades within a short space of time. Again if you are using Fielzilla a lot you will know that, but, just in case you haven't upgraded, perhaps that is causing a problem .... 

Just my two cents (for whatever thats worth ... )

Je vous souhaite bonne chance.

Si j'ai les autres idées/pensées, je les afficherai ... 

that was my first thought also.  i've had enough problems in places telling my my name is not allowed (have a ç) so that could be it

(or any non standard character to be honest)

• Love 1
  • Like 1