Submitting Airshow images

Ken Duffney

Question

5 answers to this question

No, and mark them up as property as you would any other owned items. It's up to you whether you tick the editorial only box or let the customer carry that burden. The jury has often sat here on the forum to discuss that latter matter and usually has a majority vote on not ticking the box.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 21/09/2019 at 18:57, Ken Duffney said:

Do I need press credentials to submit images from airshows? And since they are recognizable aircraft with markings do they have to be submitted as Editorial? Another Stock agency that I submit to requires both.

Thanks for any insight yo can offer.

the answer is no, as Alamy generally assumes that the submitter takes responsibility for legality of their submission. 

is this a ticketed airshow, and if yes do the TOS of your access say about taking photo to sell?

That is something that didn't occur to me. Even though my images were taken outside of the main spectator area, this is a ticketed event. I don't have Press Credentials, And really have no idea how I could get one for something like this. Does that restrict me from selling them as Editorial?

If you're particularly worried about the organisers pulling you up over having airshow images selling even just for editorial then only upload the images with no recognisable foreground, ones that could have been taken from outside the airfield. A safe option.

• Like 1